An existing solid brick Tudor style house in Black Rock was restored and renovated. A new first floor bedroom wing was added. The original footprint of the building was retained in order to retain size of the outdoor space. A direct connection with the north facing outdoor areas was created.
- new north facing windows were installed in the existing living room to increase natural light levels
- new first floor windows have been designed to capture bay views and breezes
- a new timber pergola adjacent to the north facing windows has been built for deciduous plants to grow on, to create shade in summer and allow solar access into living spaces in winter
- operable skylights are installed at a high level to allow for hot air to escape from the ground floor spaces in summer
- use of radial sawn timber for external cladding
- the existing kitchen was reused and relocated