Alterations and fitout to an existing apartment in Port Melbourne. The existing two storey apartment spaces were underutilized. New upper storey living spaces were created to open up to the north. The new living room is now located in a tall dynamic space that was the main bedroom and now provides panoramic views of Melbourne CBD. The new kitchen / dining spaces, which connects to the living area, opens up onto a large north facing balcony. The new bedroom, robe and home office are located on the lower storey and are designed to maximize privacy and livablity.
- new living areas were created to open up to the north and maximize the solar access for passive heating in winter and to capture the dynamic panoramic views of Melbourne CBD
- low water usage appliances chosen
- low VOC paints were used
- thermally efficient window furnishing fabrics were used
- materials are typically FSC or GECA certified
- local products were chosen where possible