An existing solid brick Edwardian house in Brunswick East was restored and renovated. Even though the existing house was orientated north / south with north to the rear, there was little access to natural light or ventilation. The prime motivator was to open up the existing kitchen area to create a northerly and garden aspect. The upper level spaces now give the occupants 270 degree sky views and open the house up from its enclosed urban confines.
- new north facing living spaces
- new north facing outdoor entertaining spaces
- windows are positioned to maximize cross ventilation in summer
- thermal lined drapes assist in retaining heat at night in winter and block out heat in summer
- south facing and upper level windows are double glazed